Mayer Hawthorne


Okay, you know the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover", I guess I should take that lesson to heart.

Meet artist Mayer Hawthorne (aka Andrew Mayer Cohen) straight born and raised from Michigan. Now when I stumbled upon Mayer, I took one look and went ...great it's another one Eminem wannabe. But boy was I wrong. Beyond DJing and rapping (which is his first love), he surprises his audience with his oh so smoooth tunes that screams Motown soul. So far Mayer has two debut singles out "Just Aint' Gonna Work Out/When I Said Goodbye" and "Maybe So, Maybe No/I Wish It Would Rain". But exciting, exciting, his first full length album A Strange Arrangement is set to release on September 9th this year!
Until then, listen up, I sure am.


Check it out:
http://www.myspace.com/mayerhawthorne



No comments: